Translate

19 August 2013

Rakshabandhan Festival


Unconditional Bond of Love and Protection
 
Rakshabandhan is a festival celebrating the sacred, precious and loving relation of a brother and sister, wherein the latter ties the auspicious thread on the former’s wrist praying for his well-being while the brother pledges to love and protect her sister against all the odds, harms, troubles and difficulties. This frail of thread of rakhi is considered stronger that binds the most beautiful relationship in an inseparable bond of love and trust.
To this, Rahul Juneja, pursuing graduation, says, “Rakhi is a special occasion to celebrate this emotional bonding by getting a holy thread tied around the wrist. This thread, which pulsates with sisterly love and sublime sentiments, is rightly called so. For me, it’s a precious bond of protection that signifies that strong must protect the weak from all that’s evil.”
On the positive note, many city folks feel that this ritual not only strengthens the bond of love between brothers and sisters, but also transcends the confines of the family.
 Another youngster, Suraj Malhotra, the eldest one of sisters, remarks, “Rakhi is the festival of love, care and righteousness. It brings together people of all sects and is much appreciated for this unifying element that it brings with it. As my sister ties the bond of love, in turn, I acknowledge their unconditional love with a promise to stand by them through all the good and bad times. For me, it’s an opportunity to reunion and celebration.”   
Jining the brigade, Anchal Singh a class 12 student, vocals, “Rakhi instantly reminds me of fun-filled childhood days and my crazy. But absolutely adorable brother. I fought with him, hated him and disclosed some of his deep dark secrets but also my life wouldn’t be the same with out him. He taught me how to protect myself: by showing me how I should talk to bullies and even myself. And now even if he’s all grown up, I can look past the good and bad childhood experience and appreciate him for the sensible man he’s turning into. He is a role model, teacher, beat friend, superhero, role model and an adviser to me.” Anchal adds, “Rakhi in addition to sweets, gifts, good food and family get together, brings so many sweet trips down memory lane that reminds me of all the roles he played in my life. This festival means a lot to him and he truly promises to protect me forever.”
 Prashant Srivastava, a graduate, opines,”Sisters are a treasure. Apart from making fun, bullying, and the nasty things you say to each other, the relationship between siblings is the strongest and most affectionate, and Rakshabandhan is the perfect day to celebrate this love.” Prashant adds,” For me the bond of love and protection for my sister isnot restricted to a single day. No doubts, this day is an opportunity to show my concern for her but what soever my sisiter has done for me. I cannot repay her ever in my life. Being the spoil brat in my family, she rather played a role of a protector. She taught me good manners, instilled family values and helped me to become wiser.” 

Source: Times of India 
Rakshabandhan festival is celebrated by every Hindu family of Haridwar, Rishikesh & all over India.

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment